Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm melting.....

Although not as drastic as the first few days, I'm holding steady at 7 pounds and the inches are melting off. It was nice to put on pants I haven't been able to wear in a while this morning and not see a 'muffin top' hanging over the sides! Oh, and my face has these things called cheekbones! I haven't seen them in a while. I like them.

So I'm one week down and one to go before I get a cheat day. I simply cannot believe my resolve. Even with my three teen boys circling the kitchen and eating such evilness as Cheetos and Doritos, I have held firm. I even went so far as to make pancakes and bacon for them and not have any. It was really trying yesterday morning when I watched my son toast a bagel and proceed to adorn it with scrambled egg, bacon, cheese and syrup! He actually apologized to me as he walked by and slipped in my saliva that had wet the floor....this is getting really tough.

The worst part about this first two weeks is the total lack of variety. It's the same combination of foods for three days and then another same combination for three days. That and the fact that with the two of us doing this, I haven't seen much more than my kitchen in a week! I spend my days cooking, cleaning and cooking again every 2 hours. Ugh.

This picture looks just like the past me. It keeps me motivated. But lord above, what I wouldn't do for a hot fudge sundae!!!

2 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Hang in there - it is all worth it! For the record ice cream has CLA in it ( a good fat) that helps your body burn, get this - FAT. Now you cant go eating it every day, but I have it once a month as a treat.

After about two weeks I lost those cravings for sugary sweets and when I eat some things now, they are just too sweet - my taste preferences have changed and that has helped a lot!

You are going to be the incredibly shrinking ~e~!

JustFrankie said...

Great to read about your triumphs in your struggle against the bulge. For me, I've gotten used to fasting all day(just a cup of coffee and beverages throughout the day) and the pigging out at night. I stay at the same weight. At one time I blew up to 210 eating throughout the day, but once I heard about the plan I'm on now on NPR and how good it is for you, I've adopted it. Plus it triggers all kinds of scientific energy and prevents listlessness. Anyway, keep up the good fight, and if that's the way you used to look in the photo, I'm sure you can be just as smoking.
Best to you
Frankiecon