Monday, May 12, 2008

The Beginning of Something New


I have been quite blogstipated this past while; that is, I have not been able to think of anything I felt the need to throw out there to the blogosphere.

Today though, I am starting something new.

In my past I was one of those girls everyone loved to hate. If my food didn't come in Styrofoam from some fast-food joint, or wasn't served to me by a waitress, with gravy, butter, mayonnaise and all the condiments, I didn't want anything to do with eating it. I used to despise exercise; after all, "why would I have to exert myself when I can look like this with no effort?" Pshaw!

Times have changed. I'm inching ever closer to 40 and I'm in love, happy and fulfilled for the most part (despite my previous whining, I really am!). Apparently, when you put these factors together, all in one package, it equals ZERO metabolism. In the past year, I have cut calories, cut fat, done at least 40 minutes of cardio a day, and tried Weight Watchers and starvation, and the number on the scale has continued to climb, as has the number attached to my clothing.

Today however, is a new day. I am going to blog about this daily, in order to keep myself focussed and accountable. As a typical Aries, I'm a super starter, but not such a super finisher, so hopefully this will help.

I have started a new 'eating plan'. In the past, when I've tried to 'diet', I've always failed miserably, due to my utter lack of willpower. However, the only willpower needed for this particular plan is to keep eating. Wohoo, that should be easy, right? After all, I haven't tipped the scales at 20 pounds more than I was 2 years ago by not eating! As I type this, I'm staring at my third meal of the day. It's taunting me. I can literally hear it saying "yeah, I'm gonna need you to eat me". I'm stuffed from my last meal only 2 hours ago! There is no room for cravings. I can barely find room to eat the food I need to!

Guess what I had for breakfast....??

EIGHT egg whites, a cup of oatmeal and blueberries! This is required eating. It's insane! This is a plan designed for bodybuilders to cut weight prior to competition. I'm told that when done correctly, it revs your metabolism to a point that you can eat what you want (within reason of course) after about 3 months.

Today is day one. It's extremely time consuming and labour intensive, so I can see that I'm really going to have to keep my eye on the prize. Maybe putting it out there to the universe will keep me accountable. I think I'll also hang a bikini up in my office and on my fridge...

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Good luck, e! I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Wait. What? said...

Good for you!! I have been eating that way - perhaps not that many egg whites but a high protein diet for the past 8 months and lost 47 lbs - you can do it - and its amazing the success I have had from eating right and working out- I mean, c'mon, who woulda thought?! ha! best to you - I cant wait to read about your ongoing daily happenings!

JustFrankie said...

Hoooooooray for you. Yeah the 40's are what turn a lot of us into rolly poley square shaped humans, and I do not want to look like buddy hackett. So I too cxhanged everything concerning my diet and am a vegetarian, I am not a vegan yet, baby steps, but what I heard what they do to cows who stop producing milk, I made it a point to become a vegan by years end.
Kep up the good work and thanks for the numerous postings

Frankiecon

longvowels said...

WHAT! you better send me this diet details! i wanna be sexy too!